Thursday, August 28, 2014

Boston Cream Pie, Oh My (Repeat Recipe)



Boston Cream Pie, Oh My.

You know you really love something when you make something twice. That is the true test of love, right?

Well I made Boston cream Cupcakes again, only I did a couple things different this time.

I used a box cake for my base, yes shoot me, for I have sinned.

Sometimes though you just want that box taste, as well as something easy... and something that you only need butter and eggs, over more milk, more sugar, more flour, more vanilla, more cream, and more well everything!

Yes, I am running low on all of my baking essentials, so I just bought butter, eggs, a box cake, and a bag cookie mix, which will be up tomorrow. Betty Crocker knows her shit in the kitchen, y'all.

Don't hate me yall!

Also box cakes make more cupcakes over the home-made recipe that only makes 12, but the filling and ganache when I made the 12 was too much! Making the box cake worked out to where I had 18 large cupcakes and enough pastry cream and ganache for all of the cakes!

I also used lines this time, and just poked holes in the cakes with a knife and filled them with the cream. Last time splitting them in half was too messy and they were too filled with cream, to the point where they were spilling out. Also, because I was sending these with Chris to work, I wanted them to be as neat and clean for everyone to eat.

I will post the original recipe post here:

Original Boston Cream Pie Cupcake Post


Now, here are some photos, the filling and ganache are the exact same recipes as the original post.
















These were actually fluffier with a box cake, and I actually think I prefer them made with it.


*sigh* Yes I said that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik