Friday, August 29, 2014

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies








As I said Wednesday,  I used a pre-packaged mix for these as well. I made these cookies the same day I made the Boston cream cupcakes. This was a Betty Crocker oatmeal chocolate chip cookie mix.


I had a couple of bananas that were going bad, still good, but you could tell they were starting to go.


Oatmeal and banana are a great combination, and banana and chocolate chips are amazing together.

So why not use them, and make banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?

Genius, right? Well maybe, the batter came out more liquidy than I think it was meant to be, and i could have added flour to it, to thicken it, but I didn't want to mess up the flavor or sweetness level or the ratio of oatmeal. So I went with it. 

I mashed the bananas first.




Then I added the softened butter to the mix





Next, I added in the egg.


Then, the actual pre-mixed cookie mix.


I tend to like extra chocolate chips, and since I still had some left over from the ganache for the Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes, I just added some additional chocolate chips to the mix.


Gave it a few good mixes, and then baked them off at 350 on cookie sheet lined with foil for about 12-13 minutes.




The cookies baked rather large, but more on the flat side, the spread quality in these cookies were greater than most. I am not sure if that is because of the added banana/moisture, but either way they still baked great, and were delicious. They are super soft, and I would definitely make them again, if I needed to use up my bananas or just wanted to incorporate banana into a cookie. I have made muffins/ cupcakes/ banana bread before, but never thought about placing them in a cookie, and I was in heaven. The banana flavor was amazing, just the right amount, and the chocolate chips and oatmeal adds a nice flavor as well as texture.

I was super pleased with how they turned out. The second batch I made, I had placed the batter in the refrigerator, while the first ones baked, and that helped the second ones stay together more, and hold their shape better while baking, and out of the oven.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik