Friday, September 12, 2014

Milk Chocolate Birthday Cake Cupcake





Hello all,

Today for you, I have another recipe from Georgetown Cupcakes, I am absolutely loving their book, and their recipes are serious perfection, some of the best cakes I have ever made, or cupcakes rather. I tried out the milk chocolate icing recipe along with the classic vanilla cake. The cake is the same recipe from my previous post on vanilla cupcakes, and as I said before I feel like everyone should own their book "the cupcake diaries" so I am not going to actually type up their recipe. I will say that in there cakes they use that European Butter, Plugra, which I have noticed it makes a huge difference not only in taste, but in the texture of the cakes when mixing them up! I love that stuff, I have been converted, y'all!

I was trying to find a certain brand of chocolate chips they use, it's called callebaut chocolate, and it is chocolate from Beligum. I haven't been able to find any in stores, and online it is super expensive, about 13 dollars a pound, which isn't too bad right? But then to ship it is 20. So I decided to go with the classic ghiradelli milk chocolate chips, which are my favorite.

Let me say this... OH MY GOD! I feel like my milk chocolate birthday cake cupcakes tasted better than theirs! And I feel like they did all because of the icing, and the chocolate I used! Super delicious and the right amount of chocolate! I was super happy with this recipe!

I will say when I first started mixing up the icing, I was getting a little nervous because the recipe has 2/3 cup of milk, yes milk in it. When it first began to mix it was super liquidy, and as I added the confectioners sugar, it wasn't thickening, I was really nervous making it, because I had never made an icing with more than a tablespoon of milk in it before. As it kept whipping on high and as I slowly added the melted chocolate it began to thicken and come together.


You can see how liquidy it is here.





Seriously some of the best cupcakes I have made and super moist!





Stay tuned for caramel apple cupcakes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik