Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Classic Vanilla Cupcakes


I made my first batch of cupcakes from the book written by Katherine and Sophie, the owners of Georgetown Cupcake. Let me say, I was not disappointed! These were absolutely amazing! I started off with the classic vanilla cake. I did dye the icing blue for a bit of decoration. These tasted very similar to their cupcakes but it wasn't exactly spot on. I had added more powered sugar to the icing because it didn't look thick enough to me, so the icing was sweeter than theirs, but it still had that fluffy texture, because when I whipped it, I whipped it for a good five minutes, I had also used the paddle attachment, but i am thinking next time I will use the actual whip attachment. The cake was super flavorful with vanilla, though I do think I over baked them by two minutes, which makes a huge difference. 

I would post the recipe, but it is in their book full of their secrets, so if you want to make these, go buy the book! Trust me, you wont regret it, and I am doing you a favor by recommending the book to you! All of the recipes, I make from this book, I will post photos, and what I think of the recipes, but I wont post the actual recipes, just out of respect for their book. I hope that makes sense to y'all.


I love how you can see the vanilla bean throughout the batter.


A tip, is to use an ice cream scoop for even proportion size cupcakes.



The icing, here, is the magic!



These cakes turned out almost perfect, I had baked them 15 minutes,
almost took them out, but decided to bake them 2 more minutes, 
I should have taken them out at the 15 minute timer.
Food continues to cook five minutes after you take it out of the oven.


I was trying to get their "signature swirl down" Towards the end it got better,
I'm use to always using the star tip to ice my cakes,
but I am trying to break away from that tip!

This photo is a bit fuzzy.




And here, you can see how airy and fluffy the cake is.
I am super surprised on the texture of these cakes using all purpose flour,
as opposed to cake flour.
This recipe made 18 cupcakes, and I froze some of them, because
at the bakery they said you can freeze them, so I will update y'all, and let y'all
know how they freeze and thaw.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik