Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July


Happy Birthday America!


And!



My husband as well as people in his career field
have to work today, so to help make the holiday
at work a little more enjoyable, or go quicker,
rather, I made them some cookies!
Cake Cookies!

Let me explain.
I still had a yellow instant cake mix on hand,
from the boxed cake I made Chris for his birthday.
I had thought I would need two boxes, and only needed one.
I figured why not use it up and make cake cookies?

Genius..
well kind of.
So here is what I did.
Recipe:
One box yellow cake mix
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar

Mix everything together well, chill in the refrigerator 30 minutes,
roll out cookies if using a cookie cutter, i was going to make stars,
but my cutter was to narrow! so i just rolled them in balls.
Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.

Icing:
1 cup of butter
2 cups or 3 cups powder sugar depending on how thin or thick you like yours
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix all together, occasionally scrapping the bowl.


So my star cutter was not working out great
so i just iced them with a simple American white butter cream
and then used red and blue sprinkles to make
them 4th of July themed.
They are very delicious as well! 
The texture of these cookies are super soft,
cake like, and the icing on top makes them sort of like
a sugar cookie. Cookie meets cake. 



I hope my hubby's coworkers enjoy them,
a little something to make the holiday on a work day go quicker.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik