Monday, July 7, 2014

Quest Bars

I usually have a routine for my workouts, and it includes eating half of a cliff bar and drinking a pre work out beverage an hour before i head out to the gym or 45 minutes. After my work out I will eat the other half of the cliff bar. I love the cliff bars, they are very high in protein, carbs, calories, and other vitamins, but it is ok to eat before an intense workout. I know my workouts are not the most intense, but i'd like to think an hour of cardio, 6 miles at a pretty nice pace of 6 miles per hour or more would count as an intense enough workout for a cliff bar. That is usually my breakfast or lunch depending on what time of the day I decide to run as well, so it's not like i'm eating that and then a meal on top of it! Anyway the cliff bars are amazing but i think i found a better workout bar.


The Quest Bar.

I just tried one to begin with, the lemon cream pie.
 These bars have 20 grams of protein, which is twice the amount of the cliff bars, this one was only 160 calories, as opposed to the cliff bar having 240-260 depending on which one you get. This quest bar only has 1 gram of sugar, it has 1/2 the amount of carbs as the cliff bar as well.

The cliff bar I used to compare this was the coconut chocolate chip.



The Quest bar was great, I feel like it gave me the same amount of energy through my workout, I ate half before and half after like i usually do with the cliff bar. The quest bar looks less appetizing as the cliff bar, and has a bit of an after taste but overall it was pretty delicious! 1 gram of sugar compared to 22 grams of sugar, 20 grams of protein compared to 10 grams, 23 carbs compared to 43 grams, 160 calories compared to 240, and the same amount of fiber. I think I will take the quest bar over the cliff anyday! The quest bars are about 1.00 more, but you really cannot beat that! Like I said, the cliff bars do look better, and taste better, but the quest bars are excellent and overall better before a workout, in my opinion!


Coconut chocolate chip cliff bar



Lemon cream pie quest bar


I just bought two more flavors to try!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik