Friday, May 9, 2014

Simple Smoothie

As I have mentioned before I love snacks, and snacking! :)
One of my favorite things is a really simple quick smoothie.
I usually put my bananas in the freezer if they start to look
like they are getting old. I don't like to waste, especially when
it comes to fruit, and fruits that generally go bad quickly. i.e. bananas.
 
So for this simple smoothie I use:
1 frozen banana,
about a tsp vanilla extract,
about a tsp of honey,
non fat milk, a good amount about a 1/2 to 3/4 cup
5-6 ice cubes
a handful of  semi sweet chocolate chips.
one scoop of 100% whey protein powder (vanilla)
 
I put all of the ingredients in my awesome ninja blender and blend away.
I really love the simplicity of a sweet banana smoothie, with a bit of the chocolate
chips in it to give it some texture, and a little taste of that chocolate.
This is good for either breakfast, a snack, or even a post workout smoothie.
You could add some spinach and turn it into a "green smoothie" or even some kale.
I love it as it is though, because with the white and chocolate my mind is thinking
it's like a milk shake or a starbucks Frappuccino almost. :)
 
It just needs a bit of stirring, throughout sipping,
to insure the chocolate doesn't settle at the bottom.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik