Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Steak!


I tend to not eat meat that often, but this day... I was just seriously craving meat, and what better way to satisfy that craving than a steak?! This one is huge! I didn't make anything to go along with it, because it was so large. This was actually really simple and delicious.

I started with a rib-eye, I don't have a grill, otherwise if I did it would have beautiful grill marks. I seasoned both sides with pepper, lawrys seasoning salt, and garlic salt. I went easy on both the lawrys and the garlic, since I was using both. I melted a bit of butter in a cast iron skillet, got it to high heat and then put in about a cap full of liquid smoke. I love the grilled smokey taste, and since I don't have one this helps give it that smokey, grilled flavor.

I cooked the steak until golden on both sides, and then tossed the skillet in the oven at 400 to finish cooking to my liking, it only took maybe 3 minutes in the oven. I love medium rare steaks, but you can cook it more or less depending upon how you personally enjoy your steaks.

And well that is it! Another easy yet tasty dinner. You could saute onions or mushrooms to amp it up, or make a lovely sauce to go along the top. I love Bearnaise with steaks, but this day I just wanted a classic grilled/smokey taste.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik