Monday, February 17, 2014

Pizza Stone and New Cutting Board

I really want to add more pieces to our kitchen. We have the essential pots, pans, and typical kitchen tools. I really want more specialty items though. I love to bake bread, however I don't have the patience to leave the oven warm to allow it to proof, thus, I really want a proofer! There are just so many things I want to expand our kitchen, that sometimes I don't know where to begin!

Chris and I are going to have a homemade pizza competition one night. He is going to prepare a pizza and I am going to prepare one, and then we are going to try one anothers. Oh yeah, it's going to be a fun time. :D Well one specialty item I have been wanting for a long time is a pizza stone. My parents had one and did homemade pizza a lot and it was one of my favorite things my mom would make. Chris and I don't make pizza that much. I mean come on, we live in Jersey, lol why make pizza here?! I seriously have never eaten so much pizza or craved it as much until living here in New Jersey. So some nights it's like why make it when you can take your pick of the amazing pizzerias around locally. 

- side note- the best pizza I have ever had in my life is in Bordentown NJ at a little amazing place called the vault, which I should do a review on. Maybe!

So back to the pizza stone, eh?

Well I finally figured we should pick one up, and we found an awesome one at this little cooking shop in the farmers market the other day. We found this great gatherings 15 inch stone, for only 15.00 and on amazon it goes for 33, sure it's not a William Sonoma stone, but I'd say it's a pretty fabulous find, and I cannot wait to use it and totally kick Chris' ass in our pizza completion!  :P Haha

Another awesome find in this store was a durable nice bamboo cutting board for only $10. I love bamboo cutting boards, however over time they tend to split from ware and tear, so it was time for a new board. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik