Friday, February 21, 2014

Foreign Chocolate!

I am an absolute chocoholic! Seriously sweets and anything chocolate is my weakness. My favorite chocolate is Swiss chocolate, it is just so decadent and creamy! I am always willing to try new and foreign foods, so when it comes to seeing foreign chocolate in the mall, better believe I'm getten' me some!





There is a little cart in the moorsetown mall, in moorsetown NJ that sells foreign chocolates. I have heard some people talk about the lion bar from the UK on youtube, and I saw it on the cart, so we had to buy it. Chris use to live in Germany when he was a child and use to love kinder eggs. They were eggs made of kinder chocolate with little toy prices in the eggs, kind of like the old 90s wonderballs. We didn't find the kinder eggs, but we found a kinder bar of chocolate. A funny story about kinder eggs/chocolate. Kinder sort of has a tainted name here in America, because American children were chocking on the kinder toys. Americans apparently tried to sue kinder because kids were chocking on the candy... so kinder stopped sending the eggs here, and now it is really difficult to find the chocolate over here.



The Lion Bar:
 
This was pretty good, I mean, I would buy it again. It was a milk chocolate bar filled with a layer of caramel, a layer of wafer, and crisp cereal. It wasn't too heavy or too sweet. It is a nestle brand, and apparently the recipe for the bar was changed in 1988 when they acquired the bar. They make the lion bar in white chocolate as well as peanut butter. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get my hands on one of the peanut butter bars! MMM! The milk chocolate is 269 calories. I think it's funny though how on the package they call it energy, not calories, that is what it is, but it's just not what I'm use to seeing. I best relate this to tasting like how a kit kat would if you added caramel to it. It was pretty good.
 
 
Now, do you want delicious?!
 
The Kinder Bar:
 
 
This was pure bliss.  Oh my goodness, talk about an oralgasam ( I wish I could take credit for this word, but my husband made it up). Oh my, this is one silky bar of chocolate. Kinder is the german word for children. Kinder chocolate is  made for Germany by the Ferrero chocolate company in Italy. It was made to mostly appeal to children with a high milk content. This was one of the best chocolate bars I have ever eaten. The bar comes with two side bars seperatly packaged in four small breakable squares per bar. The bar contains a smooth, silky, creamy, hazelnut cream. The hazelnut and chocolate combination is perfection. I highly recommend everyone try this at least once in your life, especially if you love chocolate.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik