Wednesday, August 6, 2014

More Quest Bars ( I have a problem)

I seriously am so addicted to quest bars, I know I updated y'all on the most recent ones I have tried, but I keep finding new flavors, and I keep getting hooked more and more! Since the last update I have repurchased the chocolate chip cookie dough, a few times, as well as the cinnamon roll. I have also got Chris to try them, he didn't like the cinnamon roll, but a few that I have gotten and tried he likes, such as: the chocolate chip cookie dough, raspberry white chocolate, and strawberry cheesecake.





These two bars above are super delicious. I really LOVE the strawberry cheesecake, I think I may actually like that one more than the chocolate chip cookie dough which was my current favorite. The strawberry cheesecake bar is one of the 160 calorie bars, as well. The chocolate chip cookie dough is 200 calories. All of the bars I have found thus far range from 160-200.

I also recently tried the apple pie bar, the mixed berries, and the banana nut muffin. I absolutely LOVE apple and banana flavored things, the apple pie, literally tastes like thanksgiving on a nice chilly autumn day. The banana nut muffin gave me mixed feelings, I didn't like it at first, because it just tasted like a banana laffy taffy, but the more I ate it, the more I got the nut flavor, and I would buy it again.






The mixed berry tastes like a smoothie in a bar, very refreshing. I just still cannot believe how amazing these quest bars are with how little sugar they have, and all the nutrition they contain. I was talking to a guy at GNC, and he said he just eats them in place of a candy bar, if he wants a snack because it has about the same calories as a candy bar, is sweet enough, but better for you. With all the protein and fiber, I don't think i would eat it as a candy bar though, I think half works just nice before a workout, and I eat the other half after, as a recovery tool. That system works out perfectly for me. The man at GNC said he also likes to heat up the chocolate chip cookie dough one in the microwave for 15-30 seconds, and it tastes like a chocolate chip cookie, I have yet to try that.

I must say there has been one flavor Chris and I both thought we would love, but really did not like at all. That flavor was the oreo milk and cookies. That one was not the best and had a weird after taste, and I would not recommend it. Do not be followed on how delicious the packaging looks. Also, I want to try the double chocolate chunk, because it looks like a brownie, but a lot of times with energy bars, or just chocolate things in general people can go overboard on the chocolate. I like very light chocolate. The chocolate peanut butter bar is almost even too much chocolate for me. Oh, I also did repurchase that one as well! 



Yes I have a problem.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik