Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Enchiladas





Enchiladas are seriously a favorite in the Mendow household, and my husband makes the best enchiladas ever, and every time he makes them they get better! He makes the sauce totally from scratch, and this past time he used fresh poblano peppers, and I am telling you this was to die for. He also recently started to flash fry the tortillas, and this time we used the traditional corn tortillas. We use to not fry them, and while trying an authentic Mexican place, learned that they flash fry their tortillas. My husband's enchiladas taste more authentic then the ones we had at that restaurant. I wish I had the recipe to share with yall but it is his, and even if I knew everything he did in them, I don't know if I'd want to share it. Please forgive me! But this is a recipe I would love to put on a menu if we ever opened a restaurant, or at least keep it as a family recipe, it is that damn amazing! So today, I'm just bragging about my husband and his food a bit. Seriously though, even though I went to culinary school, Chris is a much better cook than me, and honestly I would prefer him to cook, and me to just bake. He is one of the most amazing chef's I know, aside from my culinary school chef's.. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik