Friday, July 18, 2014

Quest Bar Update

I still cannot get over how amazing the quest bars are! I have started branching out and trying new flavors and each one have been delicious and energizing. I swear, I feel like they are lying on the label! My brain just cannot comprehend how these are between 160-190 calories, 23-24 grams of carbs, 20-21 grams of protein, and only 1-2 grams of sugar!!!

Who ever invented these was seriously a genius! I cannot recommend them enough if you are a gym go-er and are looking for a great protein bar. I have found a comfortable routine with these beauties.
I like to eat half of one a half hour to 45 minutes before my run, it gives it enough time to digest, and start fueling my body with the energy I need to run my 6-7 miles. After my workout, I eat the other half of the bar for a "protein recovery", which helps my legs not be in curtail pain. I read somewhere, also after workouts your body starts to burn energy quicker, so it is great to eat high protein/carb (good carbs) after your workout. I am not sure if that is entirely true, I am not a nutrient, but that is what works well for me.

So far the flavors of quest bars I have tried have been of course the lemon I previously talked about.



Chocolate Peanut Butter
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Coconut Cashew
Cinnamon Roll




 
 

 
The chocolate chip cookie dough is my favorite so far, but it is no secret that I have a sweet tooth! Then 2nd, is the coconut cashew, which is surprising because I usually hate coconut, not so much the flavor, but I hate the texture of coconut. This doesn't have that weird flakey, dry coconut texture though. The chocolate peanut butter and cinnamon roll are a tie for me. I really like them equally, but depending on the day or my mood I could like one more than the other. I recently repurchased the coconut cashew and the chocolate peanut butter. The lemon was great, and I have seen a strawberry shortcake that I am dying to try, but I have only found those at GNC. At GNC they are about 3.50 per bar, versus the shopette ( Gas station on base for those that don't know) has a few kinds for 1.70, almost half the price. I would rather be limited on my selection and get 2 for the price of 1.
 
Anywho, these are excellent, give them a try yall. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik