Monday, July 14, 2014

Pumpkin Smoothie!

I am always looking for different smoothies after workouts or just smoothies in general. I love smoothies because I find that they really fill me up and keep me energized. On days that I don't workout I usually like to have a smoothie for breakfast. I am a pumpkinholic. Seriously I LOVE anything with pumpkin or cinnamon. This is probably why fall is my favorite season of the year. Fall is amazing, but that is for another blogpost, another day!





:)


So the recipe for this smoothie is quite simple, and it is low in calories but very healthy for you!

1 frozen banana
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filing just plain pumpkin)
2 ice cubes, i used 4 because i like my smoothies super cold
2 Tablespoons of ground flaxseed
A shake of cinnamon, i did about 3-4 shakes because again i LOVE cinnamon
A drizzle of honey
Up to 1 cup of water depending on how thick or thin you like yours, I used 1/2 cup water, i like mine on the thicker side

Blend on high until mixture is smooth and creamy.

Sip and Enjoy. :)
If you love pumpkin and cinnamon you will not be disappointed. I was wondering if this would be sweet enough for my taste, and it was, it was perfect. It tasted like liquid pumpkin pie, and the only added sugar in this is honey, and it really only does take a drizzle nothing more!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik