Friday, March 27, 2015

Quinoa Bowl



This has been one of my absolute favorite go to meals for dinner, it is super easy, quick, and absolutely delicious. This is also a pretty healthy dinner choice as well. I do apologize for not having measurements. When I follow a guided recipe than I have the measurements, as well as I always measure when I bake, but when I come up with my own, I never measure.

This is pretty simple though, and you can use about how much of each ingredient you personally feel that you would enjoy going upon your own taste preferences.

I start with boiling some quiona, sometimes I use red, sometimes I use tricolor, sometimes I use a garlic flavored quinoa. I boil a portion of it, usually a 1/4th of a cup... doesn't sound like a lot? Well you are going to be adding a lot of vegetables to this, this is a portion for one though. When I boil it, I boil it with vegetable broth as opposed to water, it adds more flavor, who doesn't like more flavor?

While it's boiling, a slice tomatoes, and mix them in with frozen corn, and pinto beans from a can, and i just saute them all together over medium heat, until cooked and soft. At the end I toss in the minced garlic and cook for just a minute, and turn the heat off so it doesn't burn. To this I add salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and lime juice. Season to taste.

Once the quinoa is done cooking, I toss in the veggies, give it a taste, and season more to my liking with all seasonings if it needs it. I also stir in some cheddar cheese, not too much, you don't want to over power your veggies, you just want enough to balance it. The very last step is the most important one to me, adding your avocado. I love avocado! I love it so much I could and have just eaten a whole avocado for a snack! Naturally, I am using the entire avocado in my bowl, so I just slice it on up and stir it in lastly, you do not want to add it to the sauteing veggies, unless you want it mushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik