Monday, August 25, 2014

Thinking, Relaxing, Reflecting, and Preparing

Sometimes you can do the most thinking, the best and worst of it, while taking a nice hot bath.




Baths are more relaxing when bubbles are involved, and I pulled out my winter candy apple bubble bath, because the apple reminds me of fall, and I partly want Christmas to be here already. I am blaming it on that cinnamon tea candle I smelled. I have even begun to watch Christmas movies on netflix..


Please excuse the clothes in the background.



Monday August 18th Chris and I leave for Maryland, he is getting eye corrective surgery, and I super hope everything goes smoothly, I know he is a little worried, and stressed. He has had a lot going on, and September 12th, he may be getting knee surgery too, he hasn't decided yet on that. I think he should because I know his knees are always in pain. I just wish there was more I could do.

A lot of changes are coming, as many of you know I am at Olive Garden and Applebees right now. I do not like applebees, everything they do there is so different, I have been there about two months now, and I have given it a fair shot, but I think i'd much rather my three tables, even if they get soup and salad over the five tables, that all look at me like i'm insane for frequently checking on them. Also even with three tables at Olive Garden and five at applebees I feel like I make more at Olive Garden, and it is further away. I am certain I am leaving there, and transferring from my olive garden to the one in Princeton. Why am I transferring to Princeton?

Ok here it is, I am going to say it, and it is something that has been on my mind since February. I really want to become a hooters girl, the job looks like so much fun, and when we get back from Maryland, I am going in all prettied up, in a nice dress I bought specifically for it, and i am applying. I have watched tons of youtube videos on girls that have worked there, and read many employee reviews, and it seems like an amazing company to work for. I am now just debating once I transfer olive gardens to stay with olive garden and hooters or just do hooters if i get in. The two restaurants are literally a three minute walk apart, with in the same complex. I have been running my ass off to look the very best that I can for when I apply, and I want to get my hair recolored, nails done, and of course get my eye brows done as well before applying. Yall have no idea how bad I want to work for that company, I originally was going to apply there first over applebees and then i thought it was too far. I already drive far to cherry hill though, so really there is no difference. Plus I wanted more time to get thinner. This is something that has been heavy on my mind. I think it really would be such a fun job. Also, not going to lie I hear what they make in tips all pretty much start at 20%, and that you can make a lot more in tips there, than other places. I know their checks though are on the cheaper side, so while 20 percent may only be about 5 dollars, still beats endless running soups and salads, back and forth every two minutes for one or two dollars, or a seven dollar tip on running back and fourth for a family of five that all got soup and salad. ****god I hate soup and salad****

Wish me luck, I will probably be applying a week or so after we get back.
And I have been killing my runs for it.



UPDATE ON THIS::::: (8/23 - I am no longer at applebees, we went to DC, Chris did not get surgery, more on that in a future post, I still plan on applying to hooters)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik