Monday, April 21, 2014

All Things New

 
Ever so often it's good to try new things, right?
Even if it is something prepackage.
Hey now, don't pass judgment,
Not everything can be homemade all the time.
Well and I like to try new things and give my opinions on them!
:)
 
On a midnight run to Wally World, Chris and I picked up a few things.
Actually we picked all the following items up the same night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
First up:
Pretzel Crusted cheese sticks.
 
 

These were actually pretty delicious. It was weird having cheddar cheese inside of a cheese stick instead of mozzarella. I keep wanting to just call them mozzarella sticks, but they aren't because there is no mozzarella. These are breaded like the traditional FarmRich sticks, but they have bits of pretzels on the outside of the crust. This pretzel crust gives them a nice saltiness, but it isn't too much pretzel.

 
Second:
Buffalo blue cheese sticks



 
Alright, now when we made these, they were weird. We love buffalo sauce, wings are a weekly thing in our household, but something about these were off. It was... yes.. blue cheese in the center. I hate blue cheese. The taste is too strong, and something about it just tastes sour to me. At first, I couldn't tell it was blue cheese, I tried the cheese stick and only tasted a buffalo flavor at first. Then, I got that after taste. That sourness after taste of blue cheese. Chris could tell right away, and said "I really don't like that". I said they were ok, until I tasted that aftertaste.
 
 
Would I buy them again?




The pretzel ones: Yes. The buffalo ones: No.
 
 
 
Next: White cheddar kraft mac &cheese with garlic & herb
 
 
 
This was a real treat. I am a sucker for any white cheddar mac and cheese though, it just seems richer and creamer than a regular cheddar mac and cheese. Maybe it is all in my head though. The pasta in this is not your traditional mac and cheese elbow pasta. It comes with a mini cavatappi. For those of you that aren't familiar with that kind of pasta it is like a corkscrew pasta. ( And thank you to The Olive Garden for educating me on all the kinds of different pastas, more than culinary school). Anywho, this mac and cheese is super creamy, the herbs add a different taste to it, and the pasta holds the sauce more than the elbow pasta. I absolutely love garlic, and usually add extra to everything, but surprisingly this was well seasoned already, and nothing, not even salt, was needed.
 
I'd for sure purchase it again.
 
Last but not least: New 5 wintermint
 


 
I love gum and always have to try new flavors, I like the 5 brand and stride, they are alright. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think they might (might) be owned by the same company. Well I love orbit's wintermint so I decided to give it a try. It is very tastey, not as strong as the regular peppermint by 5, but it is stronger than orbit's wintermint. I love minty gum, but after a while it makes my stomach hurt, so I usually go with the wintermints over full on peppermints. This was good, but I still prefer orbit's wintermint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik